Wednesday, May 30, 2007

a week off? you gotta be kiddin" !

Well, when we come back from Yellowknife, we will be announcing the sex and name of the baby. Over the last few weeks I've heard a lot of different opinions, and I guess at least half of the peoples predictions will be validated, (The I told ya so crowd) even a broken clock is right twice a day tho, it should be remembered.
When you live in an isolated area, it's a really big deal to go to Yellowknife (the big town)
I mean all the fast food, canadian tire, all the stuff that you southern folks take for granted traffic lights! hard to get used to that. It almost makes the 8 hour drive worth it!

I remember when we were kids, mom would dope us up with a gravol pill before a long drive.
That car door would close, and the world got fuzzy-poof! we would wake up in Lawrencetown when we stopped for supper, another gravol fix and the world got fuzzy- poof! we would wake up in Halifax! mom said the gravol was so we wouldn't get car sick but Mike and i were easier to control and more behaved when we were comatose.
Dad told me once that when I eventually took my kids on long drives there would be tv in the cars and the car would know how to get to places on it's own, and if you needed help someone would talk to you through your radio. Sounded like science fiction then, now it sounds like DVD, GPS and ONSTAR. It's not as buck rogers as when I imagined it as a kid talking to dad, but it's still pretty cool.
Any hoo, if you are hoping for boy/girl you will hopefully know when we get back. bye

2 comments:

Michelle said...

anxiously awaiting!!!! when do you get back!?!?!?

the Mailman Family said...

I remember the gravol, too! We're anxiously awaiting your return and some news. Hope you guys enjoy your trip.