Thursday, May 3, 2007


Although the ice moved out on the river, I never thought to bring the camera. I'll take it with me when I go to work, and post some pics tomorrow. Meanwhile, here's an old pic of dad from when he was in the paper once; getting a promotion or something. It lists on the bottom all the ships dad served on. I actually remember when that was in the paper. We were living in the white house in deep brook, across from Purdys auto body. I even remember our phone number from that house; it was 638-8400. How's that for a memory? Once, after we moved to Dartmouth ,I went over to the Naval museum in Halifax and looked up the crew pictures in these big books and found dad's pic aboard some of those ships.

When I was looking at some old pics of Dad and Frank in uniform the other day(Miranda was making a themed photo display) Charlene walked up, looked at the pics on the desk, pointed at Dad's pic and said very seriously "He's the Captain" then she pointed at Franks pic and said, "And he's the first officer!" Miranda and I laughed it was so cute. I don't know where she gets some of the things she says.
Sis, when we find out the sex of the baby we will probably tell everyone. I'm just starting to adjust to the fact that we are having another baby. Miranda is 5 months and doing o.k. (no sickness or nothing) but lots of emotional stuff, lonely all the time because I work so much.
But her brother is staying with us for awhile; so I'm off the hook there. Well speaking of work, I am on my way out for another 12 hours of overtime... cha-ching!

3 comments:

Frank Brown said...

I was more like Klinger, except for the dress.

Michelle said...

i wish i had some memories of him :( i don't remember him at all.

mike said...

your memory is not that good, it was Henshaws Auto body, I belive Leney's , I can 't remember his sister's name, but she baby sat us a few times when mom was sick, you were firinds with a step son of hre's. She was a good friend of mom's but made auwfull chicken soup, all kinds od skin and organ parts and smelled awfull. As you may be able to see, all Mom's work on my speling, may have been in vain. I also rememeber this pic of dad. I still have dad's wallet, with the orgional news paper artical in it, he made Chief Warnen officer.