Sunday, May 27, 2007

no pics, not much going on...

Still haven't put the boat in yet. Although everyone else has. I'm just too busy at work. But there is a gal at school now who will begin her on the job training with me at the station when I come back from my river trip at the end of june. A pilot friend dropped off a big feed of fresh pickeral the other night. It would have tasted better if I caught it but it was still good.
The bugs are getting pretty bad now, our little dip below zero wasn't quite enough to do any real damage. And we've been getting just enough precipitation to make sure there are lots of the hungry buggers.
It got up to 27 degrees here the other day so that means the thunder bees and hair eaters will be out soon. These are some of the grossest bugs god ever put on the planet. Seriously, a big (1 to 2 inch) gross shiny black beetle with long antennas, velcro feet, that you guessed it land on you and EAT YOUR HAIR! and thunder bees....nuff said?

1 comment:

the Mailman Family said...

Those bugs sound really awful - I'll stick with out black flies and mosquitos, which are beginning to show themselves.