Sunday, April 29, 2007

roll on big river, roll on...please




Well the big river broke last night and the ice started moving for about 3 hours...then the ice jammed up somewhere down river. When the ice jams up the water has nowhere to go but up. When I came home from work this morning the water was just below the edge of the river bank. The river has risen about 12 feet over night. If the ice doesn't move soon, I'll have to become a harbor master instead of an air traffic service provider. I haven't been outside yet today, but we'll take a drive and get some pics before I go to work. Melinda has been documenting break-up as I have been on night shift and still have 6 to go. Unfortunately, the pics don't seem to be uploading properly.


Sis, no comments from Frank...yet. He's waiting. Watching me sweat. Then when I least expect it...ZING! The comment from hell! or wherever the BVSQ lives when she's not here snitting on me. (yeah, I like that one too, SNITTING) I think you get the drift on that. One benefit from getting franked ...a few days with no mosquitoes!
Sometimes I make it too easy for Frank, yes I noticed the QUADPOD is actually a tripod, usually they use a quad pod because they don't tip over as easy...must have been built by a new guy this year.



2 comments:

the Mailman Family said...

Did the ice get unjammed yet? Hopefully you won't have to become a harbour master. You and Frank do seem to be carrying on a little sibling rivalry. Aren't you happy to be back in communication with us?

Frank Brown said...

Sorry for not commenting sooner, dial up bad, and been busy. I figure that since you have less people up there, you have less sinners and the BVSQ will bless you with more visits. She has just dusted us the past couple of mornings with frost.

There is no sport in zinging a sitting target.

PS, shouldn't franked be Franked?