Saturday, April 28, 2007

well I just woke up, apparently there has been some ice movement on the liard river overnight. At this point I must give a very loud and very sarcastic THANK YOU VERY MUCH to the BVSQ as it started snowing on my way home from work this morning. I know, I know. Mosquitoes one day snow the next. This time of year you can have four seasons in one day. But only one season today, winter. Our snow was gone, now all is white again, and more in the forecast. What in the name of Frank and the BVSQ is going on with the weather?
My first year here in Simpson we had temperatures of +20 and higher for about five weeks and then one morning near the end of june...BAM! we got more than 2 feet of snow overnight.
I've been in touch with my colleagues at Environment Canada and are considering naming this phenomenon after my older brother. When the weather is nice and warm but you are going to get an unexpected dump of snow this will be known as getting Franked. Monday morning cooffee talk might go something like this...
" How was your weekend?"
"Horrible, the weather was nice on friday, but we got franked over night."
"Really, was it bad?"
"Yeah, a foot of snow on the ground saturday morning."
"Bummer, I can handle a late season storm, but getting franked is the worst!"

2 comments:

the Mailman Family said...

I love your new term 'getting Franked'! No comment from the Frank yet?

Jason said...

I agree, that is Franking awesome