Thursday, April 26, 2007

guantana...where did you say?

No I didn't get scooped up by the green meanies. Although I did inadvertantly become entangled in one of the live excercises the other day. I showed up at work un-announced on my day off (during a bomb scare excercise) So I was delayed,(not detained) from leaving after my unscheduled visit. But I have been very busy at work. That and a non-cooperative blog site have kept me from posting.
Well the river is hanging on with a vengeance. The ice hasn't moved an inch. It has melted away from the shore and there is some open spots here and there. (isn't a picture worth a thousand words?) Tomorrow, I promise ,for some pics. I think when the river breaks it's going to go like a toilet flush; all at once.
We have been averaging between 80 and a 100 movements a day at work.
A movement is everytime an aircraft arrives, departs or flies over my area of responsibility.
I'm back on nights tonight so, it's a little slower.
And we have the first crop of mosquitoes out already. They are great big hungry buggers too.
well off to work...I can hear the planes still going one after another off the island airport. might be a busy night after all.
well off to work...or gitmo

1 comment:

the Mailman Family said...

Isn't it great to be missed? That's what families are all about. X0X Sis