Monday, January 28, 2008

what a day...

Well people like me try and go through a whole career without having to do it. But today my number came up. We had a plane crash today just off my airport.
If you scroll down you can see the one that was involved. That will probably be the last pic of that plane. There were three people on board and all are fine. One was an infant. It was -40 this morning. Needless to say I was amped! less than an hour later all were in the health center.
The mom and baby had already lost 2 degrees core body temp. Hypothermia was a very real possibility.
I can proudly say that I handled my part in typical top form and all emergency response personnel were singing my praise by this afternoon.
I smell an award! or a commendation letter at least. The RCMP in particular were impressed.
(one officer stated that I was the only one who seemed to know what to do). I'm not sure why,but the more reason there is to get excited, the calmer I become.
In emergency reponse, this is essential.

1 comment:

the Mailman Family said...

Wow! You sure did have an exciting day. Glad to hear everyone was alright.