Tuesday, January 29, 2008







I'm not sure if the blogger god is going to let me put up pics seems to be pretty slow. Cold today -44 this morning at 11a.m. -47 for tonight.



I spoke to the pilot from yesterday's accident, she's fine and should be flying again soon. It's very satisfying to know that you had a hand in a successful outcome to something like that.

But we train for it. and practice it. I'm constantly running little "table top" excercises in my mind.


Oh, there's the pic, some dude walking out in the -41 weather. When it gets this cold there's this haze around. It's mechanical fog from all the vehicles and furnaces, you would think it stinks; but it doesn't.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

-47???? SOOOO glad i don't live in the NWT!!!

the Mailman Family said...

Wouldn't trade with you - I guess I'll stop compaining about how 'cold' its been here - doesn't compare at all!

the Mailman Family said...

Gary is familiar with mechanical fog from his time up North. Your pics bring back memories for him. He remembers one time when he was flying back to Yellowknife and, from the air, Yellowknife looked like a cotton ball!