Monday, January 21, 2008

Coupl'a' pics for ya











Here's a few pics, Charlene says "I'm ready for my close-up, Mr. DeMille."




Me and Beckers and of course the Cool man Coleman.




I have a week off. In the last three months, we've had a baby, the Holidays, bought, painted and moved into a new house; while at the same time putting 60 plus hours a week in at the airport. So I took a few days to recharge my batteries.



In response to your question, the University of Calgary along with NASA and the CSA operate a GBO in Simpson GBO=Ground Based Observatory. I currently look after one of those and have been involved from day one with site selection.


The University of Calgary Department of Physics and Astronomy are the project managers for this and another very similar project that utilizes an ASI (All Sky Imager) designated Rainbow Two. NASA and the CSA aren't involved with this one though it basically does the same thing. Just studying the northern lights folks! nothing important going on.


I actually got my first look at it on Saturday(the ASI). the one benefit to this one is it's located in a self contained building WITH HEAT! whereas the NASA one works better, you gotta be outside to work on it. I'm not sure when I'll find out if I'll be actually taking that one on, but it makes sense to have me do as much as I can, so those guys don't have to fly up every time there's a problem.

Saves them a bucket load of money and puts a little extra in my pocket. Plus it's nice to be able to find creative solutions to difficult problems.

2 comments:

Frank Brown said...

Jeeeees Tim, you got old!! I guess you didn't get the young looking gene like I did.

the Mailman Family said...

Now boys, be nice to each other! We're all getting old, sigh, sigh. On a happy note, your kids are gorgeous - those eyes of Charlene's, oh my! Rebecca us sure a pretty young lady and Coleman is just plain cute and cuddly looking!