Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Hay River, here we come







Miranda and I, that is to say Melinda and myself are going to Hay River tomorrow to get the truck serviced. It's about 400 km away, so we'll leave around five or five-thirty in the A.M. I'll take the camera in case we see anything other than trees and snow. And we'll probably come back right away that night.



Here's a few pics from the last few days.



One of Simpson Air's Cessna 206s lands safely at Fort Simpson Island strip. Although this strip is located right in town(behind my house)-the airport I work at is 7.5 miles SW of town(14km by road) I'm still responsible for Air Traffic Services for Simpson Island.



My Station is unique in that we have Two airports, Three seperate Helipads and a water aerodrome(float planes) in our Area Of Responsibility. It gets very busy. Anyhoo, enough shop talk(Beckers says I'm a work-a-holic).


Pic of Coleman in here somwhere gorfing on his fist. And of course, me and the dad look that can stop a four year old dead in her tracks!

1 comment:

the Mailman Family said...

That is a stern look - I'm thinking you got that from Mom. Dad wasn't good at stern but Mom sure had 'the look', though, as I remember it, it worked much better on me and Frank than on you and Mike!