Sunday, June 17, 2007

t-minus 72h...

three days til I head out for my northern river adventure. The boat is done and we will be doing wet trials today(we'll put up some pics this evening) My co-worker steven is getting pretty excited(so am I ) We will be travelling by boat about 160 kms up the Mckenzie river. There is a stretch along there where numerous rivers and creeks empty into the Mckenzie. This is where the sea monsters live. Not uncommon to snag a 40 pound northern pike up there.
I've never been up river that far before so it should be cool. I will have miranda's hard drive vid-cam with me so if any one wants a DVD of our trip, just e-mail your mailing address to either mirandabrown24@hotmail.com or timothy.w.brown@hotmail.com and specify if you want the family friendly version or the one that's rife with profanity as I go apes**t over losing a big fish. I'm also thinking you might want to choose between the sober version and the alcohol soaked version. (I only drink during june, july and august) for the rest of the year I am a complete tea totler. So when I go out camping I try to squeeze a whole years worth of drinking into those 3 months.
wish me luck with the boat trial.

1 comment:

the Mailman Family said...

Sounds like a great adventure. Maybe you can put it on YouTube - the family friendly version, perhaps.