Sunday, March 18, 2007







































Went out to the airport today to do some maintenance on a big light we use to measure cloud heights. While I was there, the editor in charge of blogging(wife) suggested I go across the road to the GBO site. The GBO(Ground Based Observatory) is a project I look after for the University Of Calgary and NASA. That's right folks, that NASA. It's a project that is studying the northern lights. I look after one of 20 northern observatories. The money isn't great but having NASA on your resumè looks pretty good. Unfortunately, I didn't get anywhere near the GBO the snow was kinda deep in places. Melinda was amused. I was winded, apparently my quit-smoking-superpowers haven't kicked in yet.







4 comments:

Frank Brown said...

Big light = ceiliometer. Been there, done that. I'm jealous of the snow.

the Mailman Family said...

Now that is a picture of alot of snow! The Nasa stuff is impressive!

C said...

Once again, Margaret, you've "stolen my thunder" Twice in one day! Sigh...

Neat job! Beats countin' beans, let me tell ya! Wanna trade?

C said...

I had to come back and revisit the snow pics. It looks like so much fun. We haven't had much snow in few years! Not since "White Juan". This year was a total bust winter wise.

Keep the pictures coming!