Saturday, March 24, 2007

Archeaological dig




Guess I should thank Frank for floating the spring cleaning thing. The kitchen at the airport was pretty bad. No surprise there, as there has only been fellas working there for the last couple of years. We have a female joining our team at work on monday, so in an attempt to make sure she doesn't quit right off I figured some clean up was in order. I did the office, and Miranda took care of the kitchen...er Melinda. You can see my young protegè was a big help, feet up, enjoying a good book.

Charlene just came in and she calls the airport daddy's castle. There's a funny story behind that. I was having some trouble with this guy working for me at the airport and I end up hollering at the guy " Make no mistake! I'm the king of this GD castle!!" The guy had a real problem with who was in charge. Aaanyhoo, when I got home and told the misses about it Charlene was listening...Next time we drive out to the airport Charlene says " There's my daddy's castle!"
And she still calls it that.

3 comments:

the Mailman Family said...

I think Frank's spring cleaning is inspiring us all! I notice that he didn't take me up on my offer to come down and help me with spring cleaning!

Frank Brown said...

I worked in ATC for many years. Fixing it, not operating. I did go the wrong way on a runway once, with an aircraft on final. My excuse? French controller with a lisp.

C said...

In the digging out, did you come across anything archeaic? I would like to have buddy's job please. I can put my feet up with the best of 'em and read a book, too!!!

I would like to call Melinda/Miranda - Miranda. May I? It would take the confusion away for me! And I need all the help I can get.