Sunday, June 21, 2009

wrecked 'er on the Wrigley road.


I managed to roll my truck several times friday night. I broke my collar bone and shoulder blade. The evening was capped off with a 30km walk that lasted six hours in drizzle and rain, with the worst mosquitoes I've ever seen, while being stalked and eventually charged by a bear. Thank your favorite deity that Miranda and the kids weren't in the truck. I was medevaced to yellowknife and just got back this evening, miranda and the kids got home from Willow river about the same time I got back from YK. I have some pretty nasty pics of the bone trying to come thru the skin but, Beckers has done something to the computer and I can't find them.
I had a cut on my ankle and my shoe and sock was full of blood, I guess that's why blackie was following me. Pretty scary shit I tell you, that bear shadowed me for over an hour just off in the bushes snuffing and grunting(working up his nerve I guess) And me the whole time yelling at it, " Come on you F*****R!!" in a loud deep voice, well eventually he did, he came right out of the bush with his ears down swinging his head back and forth snorting. He was close enough I could smell him and see the mosquitoes all buzzing around his head. Funny the things you notice, eh? i had a good sized rock in my good hand and I raised my arm up and screamed and ran right at him. When I was about ten feet away from him he turned and ran back into the bush. I stood there yelling for a couple of minutes screaming that the bear was a pussy and a fag (not that ther's anything wrong with that) Seinfeldian reference there. I started walkinagain and was walking for about ten minutes when I heard the best thing I've ever heard in my life, Beckers and Miranda's uncle Tony coming on Quadzilla. I literally collapsed in the road.
Hope everyone elses fathers day weekend was better than mine. I only sleep about fifteen minutes at a stretch since it happened. I can't sit still, and if I'm not distracted by something else I just sit there playing it over and over in my head. truck crashing and that bear...jesus.
Maybe, I'll spend the rest of my life on the couch. I'm not sure what was worse, the crash, the walk, the mosquitoes(I was in shorts) or the bear. nope on second thought I'm sure the bear was the worst part.
I'm exhausted and in more than a little pain so I'm going to go now.

6 comments:

Megan said...

WHOA.

I'm glad you're OK.

Frank Brown said...

I would take 10 pussy bears instead of one mosquito. Now, stop your whining, have a double shot of Ron B and get on with it.

Anonymous said...

was this after the mickey???
mike

Michelle said...

um, let's not repeat that one, okay?!? NOT GOOD. no more bear bait for you!

nancy (aka moneycoach) said...

What an incredible post! My heart started beating faster. A rolled truck AND a bear? That's your lifetime quota of Life Imperiling Events! Glad you lived to see another day (even though the photo - Tuesday's - looks like you're going to be hurting for a while!

the Mailman Family said...

OMG! I'm so glad you're O.K.!