Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Willow river weekend




another awesome weekend at Willow, that had me tree a bear with Quadzilla, that was some action alright. I came around the first turn in the road to see what the dogs were barking about and there was a medium sized black right in the road like right in front of me and just to the left about 5 to 8 feet away, so i turned to the left slightly and accelerated, well mr. blackie turned off the road and ran right up a poplar and was about 12 feet up the tree...me? was right at the bottom of the tree. He tried to shinny down so I gunned 'er and he skipped up another 10 feet or so. I called for Robert (Miranda's mother's boyfriend) he came over with a rifle, and i backed off and Mr bear came down. Robert shot a couple of shots into the air and I took of in a spray of gravel straight at the bear, who wisely headed out of dodge at agood clip. I pursued him for about a mile out the road and came back.
Next night, different bear bigger different bear and a running gunbattle all over the property (lots of trees, bushes and skinny little paths)
We had a real hard time convincing that one he had to go.
Robert killed one there last week.
well 5 times trying is my limit for pics. (there weren`t any bear ones..your just not thinking picsno what i mean?)
So you have to settle for sisters sharing a moment.`

No comments: