Saturday, February 23, 2008

0 degrees today,

pretty warm for this time of year, wasn't so many posts ago a guy was complaining about -45. I don't expect it to hold though.
Well, my station is fully staffed for the first time in 6 years. although with that I also got another airport (Fort Liard) to staff with my own simpson crew.
Liard is a part time station, but it means that with 5 people I have to cover 421 manhours a payperiod, in two places 400 km apart.
But because of my organizational skills, and a really good crew, as of April I will no longer work nights and will be semi-retired putting in only 72 hours every two weeks as opposed to the 100 to 168 hours that I've been doing for the last six years-I feel like a weight has been lifted.
Coleman ate solid food today apparently, haven't got all the details yet.

1 comment:

the Mailman Family said...

I'm sure Miranda will be happy to have you home at night! So it's almost warm there, huh? How much longer before 'spring'? How did the solid food go?