Wednesday, August 26, 2009

wet willow weekend






















It rained from the moment we left to go down to willow river friday evening, until about an hour before we left to come home. We still had a lot of fun though. We took Quadzilla out to these sand dunes on the side of the road and had a blast. On Saturday morning I went out fishing by myself in the rain for a couple of hours. Miranda and her mom decided to fix up the tipi- it was leaking in a few places and the fire pit was not centered yada yada yada. Despite the rain, it was a good weekend. I made what is fast becoming a tradition, my big ass pot of chili on the fire. mmmm. Those matching shirts I got us say "Rum Runners" on them, and I wanted to write it on the sand dune, but we had it all carved up before i thought of it. So the kids wrote it out with woodchips, and called me over to see it and I thought it was cute.


well, that's all for now. we're going down to willow river again this weekend so probably have some pics next week.

1 comment:

Frank Brown said...

Have been enjoying your Blog...just haven't taken the time to say so until now. Neat idea the kids had print out the words in wood chips!

Cathy, (not Frank)