Friday, September 23, 2011

A couple of bad days for northern aviation. Yesterday an Arctic Sunwest charters twin otter crashed in yellowknife, killing both pilots aboard. I knew the gal flying right seat. this morning at about 9:00 local a cessna 206 departed fort simpson headed to a remote hunting camp up the root river(they land on a gravel bar in the river) about an hour later the Joint Rescue Co-ordinating Center in trenton phoned me looking for info on a possible downed aircraft in the mountains west of simpson and south of Wrigley. even though this crash was waaay off in the boonies, it might as well have been right at my airport. Wrigley airport was closed, so I was busy all day dealing with it and in this case there was good news as the pilot was rescued and only suffered minor injuries. frickin' stressful though. when I took my training they told me in school that you go a whole career and never have to deal with a crash-kinda like a cop who goes a whole career and never draws his gun. today was my sixth crash. I'm exhausted.

1 comment:

Frank Brown said...

Have a Ron and 7, aok by tomorrow.